Friday, July 08, 2005

Dionaea muscipula

So before I start, I just wanted to apologize for my complete disregard that my Blog Title was spelled wrong for the last couple of weeks. On that same note, I would like to thank all of you reading this for NOT informing me of this blunder! Either that or no one is reading this and I'm just making myself feel better thinking that there are people out there who actually waste their time trying to follow my A.D.D. like blogs! I know I'm all over the place with these.

Anyways, back to the wonderful and mysterious new idea I have had today while attempting to get motivated. It all started one fine Sunday at Lowes looking for a last-minute Father's Day gift. We were moving up and down the isles trying not to find anything that was expensive but also something that didn't seem cheap and meaningless. We had desided on a new American Flag as this was something he would love (Being Super Patriotic and a Veitnam Veteran) but also something he needed (His was torn and weathered). However, our search was not progressing as quickly and efficiently as we had hoped. We had stumbled down about 12 isles in search of this item and had not seen it. We finally came upon one of the glorious and definitely over-qualified Lowes employees. Always willing to help with a good attitude and a smile. (I hope you have sensed the sarcasim!) After he pointed us to the Garden section (How come I didn't think of that?), we wandered over there and to my amazement there was the item that I needed to purchase for myself. It was sitting on a long, narrow table with 20 or 30 others, begging me to purchase it and take it home. It was one of those items that you have always wanted but didn't know it. A tiny VENUS FLY TRAP in it's own little plastic box! Perfect for me on this Father's Day! That's when my better half or fiance made it clear that this was not a shopping trip for me and that I wasn't even a Father. I though, "Oh well... I'll just come back when she's at work Monday." Well I forgot and days and weeks went by until today I ran across the idea once again. Only this time I decided why buy one in a plastic box when I could grow my own? Bigger, Stonger, Hungrier!!! That's when I got motivated and started the research!

I found out that the Venus Fly Trap is only found naturally growing in North Carolina in the boggy, marshy areas. So I am not looking for a place to purchase the seeds or bulbs to harvest my Venus Fly Trap farm from my office. That way it will hopefully kill off the stupid fruit flies that are everywhere. I mean not only do I have to have my fan on because I am hot but it also keeps them from flying in front of me while I am working. They are super annoying and I will defeat them... yes... with my new ally the Venus Fly Trap. We will be unstoppable together! Then it will grow big enough that I can sing to it like in Little Shop of Horrors and have it eat my boss!

1 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very useful read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you guys learn that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home