Thursday, December 09, 2004

Almost Friday...

So today was a pretty good day considering I didn't get in until about 9:30am. I worked on some silly bid for a guy and then moved right into my research about fixing our e-commerce website. Both of which I have no interest in but whatever, someone needs to do it. I did however have two positive ideas today. I have decided which digital camera I am going to buy, and I have decided to make a coffee table tonight. Well at least start the coffee table tonight. I highly doubt it will get done all in one night, but hey, stranger things have happened. I really wish at this moment my third brilliant idea would arrive.... something having to do with how to get out of coming into work tomorrow but not having to take any sort of vacation day. Like working from home, or some other location. Probably not going to happen. One things for sure though I'm not staying late tomorrow.

I just found out interesting information today. Apparently, not only do we service our customers on-site but we have not billed for a majority of it. I will come back to this... anyways, so the other day the owner gets a bill from a sub-contractor. This sub-contractor didn't line item price his hours. Basically the bill just said (x amount of hours) x (x amount of dollars). Then gave a total for a few of these. No description in what was done during this time period. So of course the owner questioned the sub-contractor and demanded a description for accountability purposes. The sub-contractor responded that they do not have the time to be putting that type of information together. After a few times back and forth it has been decided that they are most likely not getting paid for this bill. Now I sort of, kind of, not completely understand but whatever.. not my call. Anyways, that being said, I have found out that not only do we not bill our customers for a lot of the work that we do, but also our bills to the customer look exactly like this. No description just a couple of lines that say so many hours, so many dollars. I find this quite humorus since this is what all of the fuss was about before. You would think if you were going to make demands like this of your sub-contractors you would be doing this on all of your bills. Whatever, just another example of the complexity and precision of this company. Many have tried to match it but few can reach the infinite levels of professionalism, expertise, and customer satisfaction. To them I say keep trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home