Monday, October 03, 2005

Consultants

So not only is today Monday, which sucks in the first place. I mean it wouldn't be all that bad if I didn't have to go to work. I hate my job just in case it wasn't clear already. It's not that my job is really that bad or difficult, I mean sometimes I am just bored. I guess being bored wouldn't be that bad either if I could maybe shop or something online, but seeing as I don't really have disposable income at the moment I can't do that. So I did a search in Google for the End of the Internet. That my friend is the definition of boredom. I don't really know what is more sad, the fact that I clicked on most of the links or the fact that I had seen some of them before.

So since my position within the company evolves over time, like a womans wrinkles develop and ass seems to grow without limit, I have found myself responsible for some of the shittier responsibilities that I used to just hear about. For instance, I now deal with consultants (definition: A completely clueless individual, who rides the intelligent coattails of engineers for firms to make themselves look good in front of customers. Also: Clueless, Lazy, Retarded, Demanding, Devilish) on a daily basis. This is not because I want to but more since we do not have a staff of employees anymore and no one takes responsibility for any jobs they seem to have my phone number now. They always call and demand things stating that nothing is their responsibility and that the "Contract" states this or that.. blah blah fucking blah. I want to disconnect my phone but that doesn't even work because then I get the page over the intercom. UGH! The worst part is that some of these jobs are over a year old and the consultant has dealt with 2 or 3 people who no longer work here. As you can imagine this creates an even better mood for them because now they are pissed that they have to repeat themselves and get me up to speed on the situation. I am of the opinion that consultants are the bottom-feeders of the technical world, feeding on other peoples lack of understand and fear of technology, by supplying a false sense of intelligence. They then use their contacts (ie. Me, or other engineers) to give them the answers for them to supply to the customer. They are a middleman supplying absolutely no COST BENEFIT. The only thing they do is screw up by supplying false information or a bad design to the customer who then doesn't understand why something won't work, the consultant then blames everything on the vendor. They are a congestion point and I do not understand why they are needed or even exist! WISE UP PEOPLE, can't you see the scam?

DAMN IT, I feel like I must explain everything to the world. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home